Green Lava Studios
Based in The Internet
June 8, 2016
DescriptionFormerly known as Fenix Rage, Fenix Furia is fast-paced, challenging, and addictingly fun 2D platformer that will keep your palms sweaty, your thumbs fatigued, and your wits sharp. Gamers take on the role of Fenix, an alien hedgehog whose village is decimated by a huge explosion, leaving only two survivors – Fenix and Oktarus, a mysterious figure who manages to elude Fenix’s best efforts at capture. Fenix Furia is all about hundreds of lightning-paced levels that will test your ability to jump, dash, and sprint your way through, all in an effort to track down the shadowy Oktarus through several worlds…and of course, to collect each level’s cookie! You’ll struggle mightily to achieve the best rankings in the best time with the fewest deaths to rub in your friends’ faces. Loads of different enemies, varied music and environments, and the need to master lots of varying platforming tactics away you…are you up for the challenge?
HistoryThe story of Fenix Furia goes back to an early Green Lava Studios prototype game called "Fenix Box and the Legend of the Cookie", for Google Play. Meant as a free downloadable game to test new mechanics, the game was created in only one week during September 2012; and since that period, it has been very well received. During that same year, Green Lava Studios won a Runner-Up Award in the Square Enix Latin American Game Contest 2012 with the game Bonfire Trail. This prize motivated the team to take a crucial decision: settling on one yearlong project. Not wasting time in January 1st 2013 and eager to try out new mechanics and styles, the Green Lava Team set out to use Fenix Box as the grounds for this yearlong project; transforming the little and simplistic black square from the prototype, into a fully developed character with his own imaginative world. The overall gameplay, music and style of the game had varied influences like Super Meat Boy, Hellboy, Sonic the Hedgehog and Swat Kats among many others. Thanks to overwhelming amounts of energy drinks, tea and coffee... is how Fenix Furia was born.
- New split-screen local Two Player Mode where gamers race-off to see who can finish each level the quickest
- A new characters arises – Undead Fenix roars with rage in Two Player mode!
- Easy mode feature acclimates new players to the hardcore platforming challenges ahead
- Nine varied and vastly unique worlds to traverse and conquer, each with dozens of increasingly difficult levels
- Over 200 total levels of platforming madness with several new levels remixed for the console experience
- Rapid-fire gameplay style means instant respawns between attempts maintaining fast tempo pace
- Addictive nature of play that demands your absolute BEST platforming skills to achieve the best ratings per level
- Stylized 2D art style compliments the rockin’ chip-tune soundtrack that varies with each world
- Kick-ass extras include unlockable mini-games and delicious original cookie recipes
Fenix Furia | Multiplayer Trailer YouTube
Awards & Recognition
- "GameMaker Game of the Year" by Yoyo Games, January 2015
Fenix Furia hasn't been the subject of any interesting article or (p)review yet. You could be the first!
About Green Lava Studios
Green Lava Studios is an independent game studio.
More information on Green Lava Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fenix Furia Credits
Game Design and Programming, Green Lava
Graphic Arts, Green Lava
Music and Sound Effects, Green Lava